This week is my year anniversary of being a Texan. Contrary to what I thought, Texans sadly do not walk around yelling Hee Haw all the time. What a shame.
Texas has been very good to me. I love everything, from the food to my job. Of course, there are some things that have been a challenge, such as very large flying creatures (i.e. woodroaches) and the never-ending humidity. But it is completely worth it.
To mark the occasion, I would like to share some of my favorite highlights from my past year in Texas with this very fancy photo collage.
From left to right, I give you:
- Mickey exploring his new cat door
- The awe-inspiring Blue Angels at Wings Over Houston
- Camping (and my ladybug friend)
- Frannie pecking at my boots – love
- Curious horses at King Ranch
- Mama’s got a brand new (rubber band) gun, from my first gun show
- First pro football game! Go Texans!
- I Don’t Need Your Civil War (Reenactment)
- A different kind of casting, my first fishing pole and holy cow, I caught a lot of fish!
- NASCAR race (a first, but sadly not my first time seeing redneck moobs)
- Rodeo Houston
There have been so many more amazing experiences this year. My heart is filled with love and joy and I have spent a year smiling so hard that it hurts, getting lost on Texas roadways and trying new things. It was a year of spectacular firsts and for the most part, I hope those firsts become tradition in my life.
At last, I feel like I should do something special to celebrate….like buy a nice pair of cowboy boots and switch my Pittsburgh “yins” to “yall”.
A very merry anniversary to me.