Let me start this off by saying, again…I am not an expert. I’m very simple and non-blingy person. This was confirmed for me when getting a manicure the and the gal kept insisting that I get some glitter or design. Nope, I’m a plain jane and just prefer red, grey or dark nail polish. I am also incredibly cheap when it comes to nail polish. It is the one area of my beauty regime where I do not have a splurge. If I have to pay over seven dollars for a shade, I’m usually feeling pretty angry.
I did realize during that appointment though that I am ruining my nails by not using the proper products. Such as a shellac. Nails need much more than just one coat of polish. Also, I Ned to expand my color choices, so I could some recommendations gals. I do love my base of nail colors so I quite happy with my choices. Here’s what I’m wearing these days:
1. essie Nail Color – Chinchilly $8, target.com. I’ve never received more compliments on anything than when I wear this nail polish. It is such a rad color, a great neutral.
2. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Racey Rouge $5, walgreens.com. My favorite bright red, gorgeous.
3. L’Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in Haute Couture Red, $6, walgreens.com. Deep, deep, deep lovely red.
4. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear Nail Color in Grey Area $3,ulta.com. Fancy, dark grey-purple.
5. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Treatment, Natural Tint $3 target.com.
For inspiration, check out Hello Giggle’s Nails of the Day.
I am not at all experimental when it comes to nails, but I adore the ideas gals come up with! I’d really like to branch out more when it comes to nails, so can a gal get some recommendations?