I’m trying something new this month. You see, I’m always pining away for something…literally, I’m pinning items that I am pining for on Pinterest all the time. (oooh, look at that consonance playa!) So, to add something new to the blog, I thought I would share some of the products I am lusting for every month in a new post called “The Lusty Eleven”. I realize this sounds a little naughty…believe me, it is anything but.
This month, its all about summer and the blog theme of the month: food! What does summer food mean to you? For me, it’s all about fruity, cold treats and bright colors. You’ll see that I am craving lots of ice cream (okay, that may mostly be because of clean eating but it is the weekend, so guess what I’m eating right now?). The posts I’ve been seeing on my RSS Feeder have me pining away for some fresh fruity treats and fun kitchen gadgetry. And of course, there is a smattering of all things Pookah (owls, knitting, general nerd-ery). Enjoy!
- Ida Skivenes’ amazing food art looks fun AND delicious
- Who wouldn’t want to try The Pioneer Woman’s Guinness Float?! Beer plus ice cream = crazy!
- Owl Teapot, featured on My Owl Barn
- I’ve always wanted a KitchenAid Mixer – they come in the most gorgeous colors
- My friend AB Takes CA makes the most refreshing-looking summer drinks, must try!
- Once I get my own place, I want to fancy it up with some funny art for my kitchen, like this piece from the UUPP Etsy Shop. har!
- This summer, I’m seeing peonies everywhere on design blogs. These, spotted on The Nesting Place, would look gorgeous on a kitchen table
- Mango Frozen Yogurt from Le Zoe just screams summer!
- I would like for some to make me these Strawberry Biscuit Bites, from Cupcakes and Cashmere
- The Watermelon Jello from A Beautiful Mess looks too hard for me, but the fact that there is an “adult” version of the recipe featuring rum makes me want to give it a shot
- It doesn’t get more adorable than a Sheep measuring cup set, from Urban Outfitters