Well, I got halfway done with the romper that I’m making for the baby shower and realized I made a mistake.
If you’ll notice, the picture of the nicely made romper includes a little pattern, almost like an eyelet lace, on the front of the romper.
Mine? Nope…not there at all. I read the directions and interpreted “work even” as just regular old stockinette stitch. It wasn’t until I made it to that part on the other side of the romper that I realized something was amiss. After reading the entire pattern, I realized that that there was no other place the pretty ribbing would be knit at. Cripes!
So I spent precious moment unraveling in anger and started over at the place where the ribbing started. Thank goodness this was a small baby knit and that I knew where to start over or I’d be in serious crinkled-nose mode.
Ah….back on track.
Now it’s time to seam the pieces together and add the little ruffle. I’m very excited to see this completed. Hopefully I will finish it this weekend, because I’ve got a little squirrel to make.
Strangest sentence ever, methinks.